Denise

On Tue, 24 May 2005 13:50:12 +0100, Margaret Aldis wrote:

Sounds like something is pushing the Watermark across - could it be a
(possibly empty) page number frame as described in
http://www.word.mvps.org/faqs/format...lyIndented.htm ?

If you set your view options to show everything you can (anchors, text
boundaries, all non-printing chars etc.) you may be able to determine what's
there. Try using the drawing bar Select cursor to catch anything behind
text.

Thanks for your prompt reply, Margaret.

I've done as you suggested and analysed all the hidden elements of the
document, comparing them to a similar one created on my own machine. There
were no obvious differences in the hidden elements but one thing I did
notice was that the formatting properties of the WordArt were different
(they shouldn't be). However, when I set the properties to match those of
the document created on my machine the watermark jumped too far over to the
left and too high up the page!

I think you're right that there is something influencing the placement of
the watermark. The trouble is I can't find anything. It seems very
strange that following the same procedure on 2 different machines should
produce such different results.

If anyone has come across similar I'd appreciate your thoughts too.

Denise