Denise

On Tue, 24 May 2005 08:27:55 -0700, Bob Buckland ?:-) wrote:

Many thanks for your advice, Bob. I have had to leave this alone for the
past couple of days as I've been caught up with other things but I will
hopefully get to try out your suggestions in the next few days.

Thanks again

Denise

Hi Denise,

Do the two documents come out the same in File=Web Page Preview?

If there are no add-ins/templates that differ, and the
printer drivers are the same, you may want to also
check the settings in Tools=Options=Compatability and
also the 'disable features' setting in Tools=Options=Save.

The HTML source will sometimes show some formatting/style
differences that don't appear in the user interface.

======
"Denise" wrote in message news On Tue, 24 May 2005 13:50:12 +0100, Margaret Aldis wrote:

Thanks for your prompt reply, Margaret.

I've done as you suggested and analysed all the hidden elements of the
document, comparing them to a similar one created on my own machine. There
were no obvious differences in the hidden elements but one thing I did
notice was that the formatting properties of the WordArt were different
(they shouldn't be). However, when I set the properties to match those of
the document created on my machine the watermark jumped too far over to the
left and too high up the page!

I think you're right that there is something influencing the placement of
the watermark. The trouble is I can't find anything. It seems very
strange that following the same procedure on 2 different machines should
produce such different results.

If anyone has come across similar I'd appreciate your thoughts too.

Denise