Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mary[_2_] Mary[_2_] is offline

Default AutoCorrect: all replaced with (

Thank you for your answer; however, that apparently was not the problem.
Any other suggestions? Thanks for any help you can give me--I've lost a ton
of "stuff".
--
Mary

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

One possibility is that your granddaughter inadvertently changed the
language applied to text. Look at the status bar; if the language is
incorrect, changing it back should restore the AutoCorrect entries too.
(For more on language formatting, see
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister/LangFmt.htm.)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Mary" wrote in message
Unfortunately my "question" button does not open for dialog. This
information is very good, but my problem is similar but somewhat

different--

My granddaughter "played" on my keyboard when I was out of the room.

Now
ALL the autocorrects that I have put into my Office 2000 Word have
disappeared! Is there any way that I can retrieve them or are they

lost
forever?
--
Mary

"Jen" wrote:

I almost never go into thye AutoCorrect dialog box (certainly

haven't
recently), but I do use some of the defaults there - such as

replacing "--"
with an arrow.

A week or two ago, the AutoCorrect stopped working - everything that

used to
AutoCorrect now gets changed to an open parenthesis. So, if I

type -- it
becomes (. It's been bugging me, but not a huge deal...so I finally

went in
today and took a look, and lo and behold, all the AutoCorrect

defaults are
set to the parenthesis.

Anyone have any idea how I might have done this, seeing as how I

haven't
opened this dialog box in ages? And, is there a way to restore the

defaults?
I can't see any possibility to change them, so it looks like my only

option
is to delete each one then manually re-add it (and since many of

them convert
to symbols, this would be a huge pain). Is there an easier way?

(I'll also mention, although I guess it's probably unrelated, that

I've been
having this problem with other Word features - things just seem to

turn off
and I can't get them back. I've used Word for years and have never

had this
problem on another computer. I work on a laptop, with Office XP, but

I don't
type on my laptop - I have a keyboard plugged in instead - so it's

not a
matter of hitting the track pad. It's really driving me crazy. The

other
feature I've lost, that I can think of off the top of my head, is

one I've
posted about before with no resolution - I used to be able to

double-click on
the table selector at the top left corner of a table to select the

entire
table. Now, double-clicking on the table selector actually selects

the
previous paragraph - argh! In whose world would THAT be a useful

feature?)

TIA for any advice you can provide (and thanks for allowing me a

mini-rant)...
Jen