Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Classic interface for word 2007

Hi Stan,

Part of the reasoning for the new Ribbon interface was that folks would ask for 'new' features in Word, Excel, et al that were, in
some cases already there, just hard to either find or recognize
For more on the 'why' and the design you may want to look through the entries of the MS Office 2007 design team blog at
http://blogs.msdn.com/jensenh/archiv...28/563007.aspx
"Stan Brown" wrote in message t...
Out of curiosity, why were the changes necessary?

I haven't tried Word 2007, but I've tried Excel 2007 at work and I
hate the new interface. I'll eventually get used to it, of course,
but I'm curious why you characterize it as "necessary".

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP