If this is the last page of the document, I sometimes find that they can be
very stubborn. I have a directory that sometimes has just one address block
on the last page. Even though the paragraph is formatted as "Keep lines
together," Word will split it across the columns. I end up having to insert
another paragraph and then a column break. For columns in the middle of a
page, make sure that none of the paragraphs are formatted as "Keep with
next" or "Keep lines together" and that there are no manual column breaks.

"Serenity2u" wrote in message
I am working with balancing columns on a page. Although I am inserting
Continous Section breaks both before and after the columns I want to

balance
on one page, they are not balancing. I checked in

Tool/Options/Compatiiblity
section to make sure the "Do not balance columns" command wasn't checked,

and
it is not. Columns on other pages are balancing okay. So I am stumped!

Can
anyone help?