Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default preventing duplicates

Word isn't really designed for thiis. Have you already ruled out using
Access reporting?

Otherwise, see e.g.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/211303/en-us
--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"Hell-fire" wrote in message
Hi,

I just recently found out about the Mail Merge function. I'm pulling data
from and Access DB query and want to know if there is a way to prevent
duplicate data from showing up.

I have about 15 fields of data that is in the query. Two fields do the
sorting and one of the two fields is an ID. What I like to have merged
into
my word template is just one of the ID's, not any duplicates.

For example I get the following:

Report Order: 2 Classification: H-H-L
ID number: 10070
Date opened: 2007/7/31

Report Order: 2 Classification: H-H-L
ID number: 10070
Date opened: 2007/7/30

Report Order: 3 Classification: H-H-L
ID number: 10056
Date opened: 2007/6/31

Report Order: 2 Classification: H-H-L
ID number: 10057
Date opened: 2007/7/07

I get a duplicat ID number which I don't really need. I just need the
first
ID number data to show up. Is there any possible way to automatically
prevent duplicates from showing up besides setting the numbers in the
Query
Options? Thank you