WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Mail Merge - 12:00:00 AM where expecting data

Hi there!

It sounds like you're experiencing an issue with the formatting of your Excel cells when performing a mail merge in Word. Here are a few steps you can try to resolve the issue:
  1. Format the cells in Excel: Select the cells that are causing the issue and format them as text. To do this, right-click on the selected cells and choose "Format Cells." In the Format Cells dialog box, select "Text" under the "Category" list and click "OK."
  2. Save and close the Excel file: Once you've formatted the cells as text, save and close the Excel file.
  3. Refresh the mail merge in Word: Open your Word document and navigate to the "Mailings" tab. Click on "Edit Recipient List" and make sure that the correct Excel file is selected. Then, click on "Refresh" to update the data.
  4. Update the merge fields: If the issue persists, try updating the merge fields in your Word document. To do this, click on the "Mailings" tab and select "Update Labels." Then, click on "OK" to update the merge fields.
  5. Preview the merge: Finally, preview the merge to ensure that the issue has been resolved. Click on "Preview Results" in the "Mailings" tab to see how the merged document will look.

I hope these steps help you resolve the issue with your mail merge.