Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rathish Rathish is offline

Default Average calculation

Thanks for the early reply, is their any Macros for the same

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

Word is not Excel and unlike Excel it does not intelligently reconstruct
formulae if you add or remove cells/rows. The only ways to do this are to
re-insert the correct formula
or
Use bookmarks instead of cell references
or
do all the calculations in Excel and link the relevant part of the table
into Word.

Rathish wrote:
I have a small situation and I am not able to find a workaround for
that.
I would really be grateful if you could help me on the same.
The problem is that I am trying to calculate the average of 10 rows
of a table with the help of fields.

For example, we have used cells B2 to B11 to calculate
the average, in cell B12 i have inserted the formula as
"=Average(B2:B11)". This formula correctly calculates the average
value based on the cell references given.
If i have to delete a row from in between the table. In
this case what word does is that it changes the cell references. So
the calculation cell which was B12 in table A is now referenced as
B11 which contains the formula "=Average(B2:B11)". So indirectly the
average figure present in the last row is being taken in the
calculation itself because of changes in the referencing.
Can any one help us in solving this problem. Is there any work around
available,
which will allow cell references to get updated when a row is being
deleted or if you have any other suggestion please let me know about
the same.
I would be very thank full to you.

Regards
Rathish