Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Fixing toolbars to documents

This is template-dependent, I think, not document-dependent. If the last
Normal.dot-based document you have open when you quit Word has that toolbar
displayed, then I would expect Word to display the toolbar on restarting. Or
if you close a Normal-based document with the toolbar displayed and
immediately open another, I would expect to see the toolbar (maybe).

"Judy" wrote in message
Test.doc was created from Normal.dot and MyToolBar is in Normal.dot. A
new document created from Normal.dot does not show MyToolBar until
it’s checked in the Toolbars menu. Once it was checked in Test.doc and
Test.doc saved, I’m expecting the MyToolBar to display next time I
open Test.doc without me having to go into the toolbar menu and
rechecking it, but it doesn’t.

On Sep 28, 12:30 pm, "Doug Robbins - Word MVP"
wrote:
The toolbar needs to be created in the template from which you created
Test.doc

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Judy" wrote in message

I open Test.doc. From thetoolbarsmenu I select MyToolBar and use the
macros on it. Now I save Test.doc. Now I open it, but there’s no trace
of MyToolBar. How do I make thetoolbarsI use stick with thedocumentswhere
I need to use them?