Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
olrustyxlsuser olrustyxlsuser is offline

Default changing decimals to fractions

Thank you Graham. This works splendidly! I had problems connecting via DDE
a couple of times, but was able to fix the problem by slightly changing the
layout of the source file, ie. deleting empty rows, etc.
Much appreciated.
John

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

From the Office button in Word, select Word Options and then go to the
Advanced tab General and check the box against the "Confirm conversions
at open" item. Then when you attach the data source to the mail merge main
document, you will be given the option of using the DDE method of connection
which should read the data as you have it formatted in the Excel table.

Fields I'm afraid don't do fractions -

olrustyxlsuser wrote:
Hello,
Office 2007 (Enterprise) - Doing a mail merge where data from the data
source is changed from fraction to decimal in the merge. How can I
change the data back to fraction? Pretty sure I'll have to use a
switch, but can't find the correct format.
TIA.
John