WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Is it possible to insert footnotes within a textbox?

Inserting Footnotes in a Textbox in Microsoft Word
  1. Select the textbox by clicking on it.
  2. Place your cursor where you want to insert the footnote.
  3. Go to the "References" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  4. Click on the "Insert Footnote" button.
  5. A small superscript number will appear where you placed your cursor, and a corresponding number will appear at the bottom of the page.
  6. Type your footnote text in the space provided at the bottom of the page.
  7. To return to the main text, simply click on the superscript number within the textbox.

That's it! You should now have a footnote within your textbox. Note that if you move the textbox around on the page, the footnote will move with it.