Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey Greg Maxey is offline

Default Adding Individual Fonts to Quick Access Toolbar

On Oct 26, 8:24*pm, TMoore615
wrote:
In Word 2003 I could customize a toolbar, select Font under Categories, then
select a particular font from the displayed list, and then place a button on
the toolbar. That button would change the current font to the one connected
to the button or reformat selected text to that font.

I can not find this command in Word 2007 when I try to customize the Quick
Access Toolbar. Has this capability been deleted from Word 2007, or has it
been renamed, or what. I need to be able to quickly change the current font
and not being able to do so in Word 2007 is driving me crazy. I'm even
thinking of going back to Word 2003.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

I could be wrong of course, but that particular functionality does
appear to be absent from Word2007. You can add the entire fonts
gallery to the QAT, but that is likely not what you are looking for.

You could create a VBA module in your template (e.g., call it myFonts
or something) then add snipets of code like:

Sub ApplyFontChiller()
Selection.Range.Font.Name = "Chiller"
End Sub

Sub ApplyFontArial
Selection.Range.Font.Name = "Arial"
End Sub

etc.,

Then add these procedures to your QAT. Unfortunately the QAT does not
take labels (only icons) and the selection of icons if rather sparse :-
(

The other option is a full blown ribbon customization to add a new Tab
"Fonts" or and a Group "Fonts" to one of the existing tabs. This
opens a whole range of customization options (labels, images,
screentip, etc.) Not a walk in the park, but certainly doable. The
following should get you off to a start:

http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Customize_Ribbon.htm