Augusta E.

Default Insert Merge Field problem with Word-Mail Merge from Excel documen

Using Word 2000 - attempting to create mail labels from one particular Excel
document. At the point where I must "Insert Merge Field" into the Sample
Label, Word will not read/recognize my column labels (Name, Address,
CityState, Zip) from the Excel doc., and instead only offers me a choice of
"AutoField", "AutoField1", etc. I have created labels in Word from _other_
Excel documents, but it continues to give me problems with this ONE Excel
document. Do I have some kind of embedded codes that are causing the
problem? I have put a cell border around the column labels in Excel, and
bolded them to differentiate them from the data cells.

Thanks for all your help.