Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
daetech daetech is offline

Default Split Window Strangeness

I've noticed that the split window feature in Word always leaves the window
that the cursor is *not* in when you click "Remove Split".

EX: I split the window in a document, then select the top window, scroll up
and type somthing in it. My cursor is in the top window. I click "Remove
Split" from the window menu and the top window goes away. Now I have to
scroll back up and find my place again. The the same thing happens if you do
it in the bottom window.

This seems counter-intuitive and should probably be the other way around.
Removing the split should close the window that the cursor is not in.

click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...ord.pagelayout