You're not the first person to report this, and I'm not sure what the cause
might be unless there is a macro involved.

"booch" wrote in message
clear the appropriate
check box on the Security tab of Tools | Options.

Is that the box marked "Make hidden markup visible when opening or

saving"?
I unchecked it, but I still see the Markup when I open the doc.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You *can* do this, but it is strongly discouraged: clear the appropriate
check box on the Security tab of Tools | Options. The reason it's on the
Security tab is that it is a security measure to prevent you from
inadvertently sending documents with tracked changes in them.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"booch" wrote in message
Whenever I open a word doc I get the "Final Showing Markup" view

instead
of
the Final view I prefer. Is there a way to change this so it defauts

view I want?