Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ounbbl Ounbbl is offline

Default How do I set the default font size for footnotes?

Thanks for macro.

Regarding Changing fonts for foot note reference: Are you sure you are not
mistaken by saying 'foot note text'?

I have foot note reference (the one showing within the document text) in
Arial, 11 points, superscript, red and blue. So I picked 'footnote
reference' and right click. Click on modify to change to other color (green)'
and checked 'only this document' and then o.k.

Then - nothing changes. What should I do next?

Thanks for your help.

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

To change the font of all footnote reference numbers, follow exactly the same
directions as in my post below, except work on the style named Footnote
Reference instead of Footnote Text.

Deleting all the footnotes in a document in one step takes a macro. See
http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm for instructions on how to insert
this macro into your template:

Sub RemoveAllFootnotes()
Dim fn As Footnote
For Each fn In ActiveDocument.Footnotes
fn.Delete
Next
End Sub

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Sat, 6 Sep 2008 14:04:00 -0700, Ounbbl
wrote:

It's not clear how I can change font for ALL the footnote reference number in
one swoop. Please. Also if you can, tell me how I get rid of all the
footnotes from the document in ones swoop. Thanks.

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

Firstly, Word 2007's controls are so different from those of earlier versions
that you _must_ mention you're using 2007 in any question you post.

Second, "Footer" is _not_ the same as "Footnote". The styles you changed have
nothing to do with footnotes, which is why you didn't see any effect.

On the Home ribbon, in the Styles group, there is a small square button in the
bottom right corner below the Change Styles button. Click that button, or press
its shortcut combination Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S, to open the Styles task pane.

If you don't see "Footnote Text" in the list of styles, click the Options link
in the bottom right corner of the pane, and in the options dialog change the
"Select styles to show" dropdown from "Recommended" to "All styles". You may
also want to change the sort order from "As recommended" to "Alphabetical".

Now right-click the name of the Footnote Text style (not Footer!) and choose
Modify.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all
may benefit.

On Sat, 16 Aug 2008 08:25:01 -0700, How do I set the footnote font size
How do I set the footnote font wrote:

In Word 2007 I only see Styles, not Styles & Formatting, and there was no
More at the end of the drop down lists. Both Footer and Footer Char were
listed, and in their respective drop downs I was able (I thought) to change
each these fonts. However, this change did not take effect in my document.
Please help!

"grammatim" wrote:

Down at the bottom of Styles & Formatting, click "More" and you'll
find Custom, Show All Styles, Styles in Use, etc. When you look in
each of those, you'll find lists with checkboxes, and Footnote Text
will be somewhere among them.

On Aug 8, 7:16 pm, Tab L. Uno Tab L.
wrote:
How does one get into the Footnote Text style? I tried. And can't find it.
I have to resize each footnote manually.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Modify the font in the Footnote Text style.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"hullaballoo" wrote in message
Hi,

I'm having trouble setting the default font size for footnotes. Can anyone
help me out?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
hullaballoo.