Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gareth_S Gareth_S is offline

Default How do I set the default font size for footnotes?

Excellent! Thank you very much. For ages, I've been trying to figure out how
to do that. Thanks again. A great help.

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

Firstly, Word 2007's controls are so different from those of earlier versions
that you _must_ mention you're using 2007 in any question you post.

Second, "Footer" is _not_ the same as "Footnote". The styles you changed have
nothing to do with footnotes, which is why you didn't see any effect.

On the Home ribbon, in the Styles group, there is a small square button in the
bottom right corner below the Change Styles button. Click that button, or press
its shortcut combination Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S, to open the Styles task pane.

If you don't see "Footnote Text" in the list of styles, click the Options link
in the bottom right corner of the pane, and in the options dialog change the
"Select styles to show" dropdown from "Recommended" to "All styles". You may
also want to change the sort order from "As recommended" to "Alphabetical".

Now right-click the name of the Footnote Text style (not Footer!) and choose
Modify.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Sat, 16 Aug 2008 08:25:01 -0700, How do I set the footnote font size
How do I set the footnote font wrote:

In Word 2007 I only see Styles, not Styles & Formatting, and there was no
More at the end of the drop down lists. Both Footer and Footer Char were
listed, and in their respective drop downs I was able (I thought) to change
each these fonts. However, this change did not take effect in my document.
Please help!

"grammatim" wrote:

Down at the bottom of Styles & Formatting, click "More" and you'll
find Custom, Show All Styles, Styles in Use, etc. When you look in
each of those, you'll find lists with checkboxes, and Footnote Text
will be somewhere among them.

On Aug 8, 7:16 pm, Tab L. Uno Tab L.
wrote:
How does one get into the Footnote Text style? I tried. And can't find it.
I have to resize each footnote manually.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Modify the font in the Footnote Text style.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"hullaballoo" wrote in message
Hi,

I'm having trouble setting the default font size for footnotes. Can anyone
help me out?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
hullaballoo.