Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Grahamcracker Grahamcracker is offline

Default Why is Mark Grammar Errors greyed out in Word Proofing?

Sorry i didn't understand the rules. since my problem was the same as his,
and i got no answer i thought is was ok. now i know better, thanks.i didn't
realize i was being insistant just desparate. i'll just shut up and find
some other program.
thanks for your time. RG

"garfield-n-odie [MVP]" wrote:

GrahamCracker, my reply was addressed to Ken, not you. It is poor
netiquette to hijack other people's questions for your unrelated
problem. It is also poor netiquette to yammer the same question
separately, repeatedly, redundantly, and incessantly in every newsgroup
hosted by your ISP like you did, because doing so will more likely get
you ignored rather than answered.

GrahamCracker wrote:
Thanks for your time, I tried that but it didn't work for me, got any other
ideas?
RG

"garfield-n-odie [MVP]" wrote:

In Word 2007, open a document that has this problem, press Ctrl+A to
select all of the text, click on Review tab | Proofing group: Set
Language | choose your language | uncheck the "Detect language
automatically" and "Do not check spelling or grammar" boxes | Default |
OK. The option to "Show readability statistics" is only available when
"Check grammar with spelling" is selected.

Ken wrote:

Why is Mark Grammar Errors greyed out in Word Proofing?
Als greyed out is Check Grammar, and Show Readability.