Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
aha aha is offline

Default Modifying a the Font of the TOC on a Word 2007 document

Thanks Cindy. The detailed instructions made it clear.
another query, How can I change the "Normal' style to Arial....I did
not quite 'get' it from the response.

Regards, Pavan
On Sep 26, 8:07*pm, Cindy M. wrote:
Hi Aha,

The font in the body of the document I have created is in Arial.
However, when I create the TOC, it comes up in Cambria.
If I manually change the same, it reverts to Cambria when I regenerate
the TOC after changes to the document.

When a TOC is generated it uses the TOC# styles to format its content.
So you need to change the style definitions.

Click on the Dialog launcher button at the bottom-right corner of the
"Styles" group in the Home tab. This will display the Styles taskpane.

At the bottom of the taskpane there are a number of buttons. Click the
third one "Manage styles".

Change the "Sort order" of the Edit tab to "alphabetical" then scroll
down until you find the TOC styles. Select (for example) TOC1, click
"Modify" then change the font.

Note: You'll notice, if you read the style definition, that it bases on
"Normal". If you change the definition of the Normal style to use Arial
(rather than applying the font formatting directly to the document text)
then the TOC should automatically change to display Arial.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerlandhttp://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister(last update Jun 17 2005)http://www.word.mvps.org