Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
shijian shijian is offline

Default keep in touch with the page numbering

Hi AYJ
Follow the instructions from the previous posts. They do work I've just
tried it myself. When the pages change Word doesn't automatically update the
page numbers, which is a pain. If you right click your mouse and clik update
bookmarks the page number will update. Why it doesn't do this automatically
is anyone's guess!

I'm not an expert on this either, but struggling with the same problem as
you with a huge report with lots of page numbers.

When I highlighted a block of text and picked update bookmarks, it did
actually update all my page numbers that were in the text and has save me
hours of printing and manual editing.

Hope this helps. If not check the help pages in word on updating bookmarks.

Best Wishes and Good luck with finishing your report.

"AYJ" wrote:

I'm wondering if anyone can explain to me easily how to do the following.
I'm writing college notes and I often write see page x in my notes. The
problem is that I add in notes and therefore page x becomes page y. Is there
anyway to link the number that I typed to the page number i.e. if the page
number changes so does the number that I wrote in my notes.
Thanks