Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
LurfysMa LurfysMa is offline

Default Find won't find, Word 2000

I was working in 3-4 documents and suddenly the Find command stopped
working. I press Ctrl-f to open the Find and Replace panel. I enter my
text and click Find Next and I get a message that Word has finished
searching the document and item was not found. This is a phrase that
occurs hundres of time sin the document and one that it was finding
minutes before.

The only thing I did was open the "More" panel. I did not change
anything (as far as I know) and close it.

If I reopen the More panel, the search options are all unchecked and
"ALL" is set in the Search: window.

The cursor is at the top of the document.

What did I do and how can I fix it. I tried closing Word and
restarting it. I am about to reboot.

Any more info you need? It's Word 2000.

Thanks

--