Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default quirk with Word 2002?

One or more paragraph styles have been set to automatically update. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...eformatted.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"PDiddy" wrote in message
I have a document created with Word XP which is giving me grief. When I try
to format a word, a line of text or a paragraph within this document, the
formatting works fine once then when I try to do it the second time it
applies to the whole document. Have I explained it clearly? If not, I'll
try
again: I've got a 2-page document, it's actually minutes from a meeting,
when
I highlight the heading at the begining of the document and hit bold, it's
ok, but if I scroll down and try to make another heading further down
bold,
the whole document becomes BOLD, it's bizzare!!

Here's what I've done that hasn't worked
1) I've changed normal.dot - it didn't solve the problem
2) copied the text unto another blank document, and saved it with a
different name - it didn't solve the problem
3) I tried the same document on a totally different PC - it didn't solve
the
problem
4) I copied the document unto rtf format and back into Word - it didn't
solve the problem

Here's what I did that worked and I'm using this as a temporary work
around

I copied the text unto a text file, saved it, then copied unto a blank
word
document. This worked but I'd like to know if anybody else has come across
this and what they did to solve the problem. Thanks for your help in
advance