Mary

It's probably the mailing list that's not acceptable. You must use an Office
program such as Excel or Outlook Address Book for merge. Look up Merge in
Word's Help. There's a training course on the Office web site. An easier way
to do a mail list in Word is to use Avery Wizard add-on and type in the list
individually, then save as a Word document. That's good for Christmas card
label lists.

"lbrowne" wrote:

In using Word 2002 to prepare mailing labels from a mailing list I get the
error message "Microsoft has committed an error and must close" whenever I
try to merge the list with the label document. What can I do about this.?