Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

Default cut, then paste selected words, NOT paste entire screen

If you are trying to extract just the text, then use Paste Special,
Unformatted Text instead of just Paste.
If you are after capturing a portion of an active screen you can use
applications such as SnagIt or Gadwin. Search the internet for these and see
which is best for you, I believe that SnagIt has a free trail.
These applications will allow you to capture any size of screen that you
want and features that allow manipulating the captured image to a degree.
Hope this helps
DeanH

"Scotty" wrote:

Hello,
when I select text in word 2000?, then cut and paste... i get a complete
"screen capture" pasted, and not just the selected words. I can't find which
settings may have changed?