Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default View Merged Data

In your original post, you said "the merge fields don't display the data"
when you select the View Merged Data button.

What do you see if you toggle the fields? I did not say to save the
document like that.

However, if you want the data to be merged immediately upon opening the
document, you will need to have code that executes the merge in a macro
named AutoOpen in the document, or AutoNew in template if the main document
is saved as a template.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"aleon" wrote in message
I tried toggling the fields and saving like that, but I want the document
open with the fields already toggled, the document already merged.
--
aleon

"aleon" wrote:

I select the View Merged Data button in the Merge toolbar, but the merge
fields don't display the data. I want to be able to open the merge
letter,
and have the data display, without having to select the Merge to New
Document
button. Isn't there a way that when the document is opened, it appears
merged?
--
aleon