Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom

Default Permanently enable "view hidden text"

Unless of course a log-in script replaces normal.dot, in which case
that wouldn't be possible.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
A less drastic course would be to add the line

ActiveWindow.View.ShowHiddenText = True

to an autoopen macro in normal.dot

Stefan Blom wrote:
Well, deleting the Data key might fix the problem, as stated in

the
article. Another possibility is that a log-in script deletes the

Data
key on each log-in (which restores a lot of settings to their

factory
defaults) or that an add-in has code in it to set options when

Word
starts. You'll have to ask the administrator about this.

wrote in message
oups.com...
I am using my work computer, with no administrator access... I

can't
edit Windows 2000 registry. Is there any workaround? Is registry

the
problem?