Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
TF TF is offline

Default how can remove link from table of contents (follow on question)

I've not tried this with a ToC, but as an alternative to the UnLink Field
command (which is irreversible) are the Lock/UnLock Field commands. Ctrl+F11
(Lock), Ctrl+Shft+F11 (Unlock).

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"Phrank" wrote in message
: Hi Suzanne,
:
: This response helped me with something at work also. Thank you. I
: found that this isn't a toggle though. Once I press Ctrl+Shift+F9,
: the fields are unlinked (unless I hit Undo, of course).
:
: I have an existing Table of Contents in templates that I work with,
: and there are items within that TOC that I sometimes want to have
: unlinked. The method you showed works great for this. But there are
: also sometimes that, after the fact, I need to relink them, or insert
: items. How can I do that?
:
: Thanks
:
: Frank
:
: On Wed, 14 Jun 2006 21:33:47 -0500, "Suzanne S. Barnhill"
: wrote:
:
: Ctrl+Shift+F9 to unlink fields.