Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default I have problems checking punctuation.

As Bob says, none of the checkers are going to see a problem he just a
list of words.

"Art Vandillay" wrote in message
When I mentioned the spell checker, I meant the spelling/grammar/style
checker. I just want to know how to fix the problem. I want to know what
exactly I have to do to the grammar checking to get it to flag improperly
placed commas with the red squiggly lines and for such errors to be shown
me when I use the spelling/grammar/style checker.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

The spelling checker does not check grammar. The grammar checker checks
grammar.

"Art Vandillay" wrote in message
news
I would expect the spell checker to flag that sentence because the spell
checker also checks grammar and style. I know that I have the grammar
checker
enabled because pretty much all other grammar and style errors are
flagged
with the squiggly red lines and they are pointed out when I use the
spell
checker. Checking the proper placement of commas seems to be the only
problem
the grammar checker ignores.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I wouldn't expect the spelling checker to find any problems with that
since
the words are correctly spelled. Are you sure you have the grammar
checker
enabled?

"Art Vandillay" Art wrote in
message
I'm testing out the spell checker on Word 2007 and I can't get the
spell
checker to properly check comma errors. For example, the spell
checker
doesn't notice any errors in the following sentence:

"There, is, a, comma, after, every, word."

If I type in that sentence I get no squiggly red line below it and
if I
press F7 to spell check it then it just tells me that the spelling
and
grammar check is complete. I can't figure out how to fix this
problem.