Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Anna Anna is offline

Default Unwanted Character Deletion When Revising

Oh my goodness thank you SO much, this thing used to drive me nuts and I had
no idea why it was doing it. What a design flaw putting the insert key so
close to backspace AND delete keys!!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Press the Insert key once to toggle from Overtype to Insert mode.

"JRMIII" wrote in message
Occasionally, with every version of Microsoft Word (from Word 97 to Word
2003), while I am in the process of revising a document, suddenly
characters
I am typing begin replacing characters that I do not want to delete. This
makes the document impossible to edit. I must be unintentionally hitting a
key that makes this happen. Can someone help please?