Jay Freedman

Yes, in Word 2002 or 2003, the option is on the Tools Options View
dialog, and it's labeled "Windows in Taskbar". When the option is unchecked,
it behaves like Word 97 (multiple documents in one window); when it's
checked, it behaves like Word 2000 (separate window for each document).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

WanderingElf wrote:
I downloaded the little plug-in, but all it does is stop the multiple
window problem. I still can't view all my open documents at the same
time because there's no resize or minimize buttons on the new
documents. Thanks for the help though.

So Word 2002 lets you choose the 'open in new window' or 'open in same
window' option huh? Will have to go look for someone I know with
that so I can play.

Well, sort maybe... go to
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customization/SDIMDI.htm and click the
link in the next-to-last paragraph ("You can download it from here").

What I don't understand is why you upgraded from one obsolete version
of Word to another obsolete version. Why not use Word 2002 (XP),
which is itself one version out of date? That has the option to open
new windows either way.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman