Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Scotty Scotty is offline

Default Exit a table in Word

Im using Word 2007 but i have run into this in the past in previous versions.

I am not showing printing characters. But your comment gave me an idea and i
just found the answer ctrl-end will kick you out and put you right under the
table.

--
Thanks
Scotty

"finalword" wrote:

What version of Word are you working in? Are you displaying your
non-Printing Characters (Show/Hide ΒΆ button) ? I've been trying to NOT get
an empty line below a table and I am unable to do so in Word 2003 or Word
2007 so far.

One trick I have learned is if you insert a table at the very beginning of a
document and need to enter information ABOVE the table, you can hit CTRL+HOME
on your keyboard and then hit ENTER and you should get a blank line ABOVE the
table.

"Scotty" wrote:

When putting a table in a microsoft word doc if you dont have any text below
its impossible to exit the table the only way i have found is either a. do a
ctrl-enter or b. put some carriage returns in before inserting the table.

So looking for is there any easier key stroke to jump out of the table and
start typing text below the table?

--
Thanks
Scotty