Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Headers and Footers in legal pleadings

It doesn't make sense to say that the header is at the bottom of the page.
The header is by definition at the top of the page. Are you saying that
elements usually placed in the header are sometimes placed in the footer?
You can put text in either the header or footer or both irrespective of what
graphic elements (text box, frame, drawing lines) are anchored to the
header.

"DeeDeeCee" wrote in message
I'm comparing some legal pleadings (with numbers running vertically on

left
margin for each line, as well as a vertical line). I'm noticing that
sometimes the header and the footer are both at the bottom of the page,

and
sometimes they aren't. Two questions:

How do I make it so that the header is up top--I'm assuming it has

something
to do with the vertical elements being put in the header rather than the
footer or vice-versa?

Apart from the above problem, how do I adjust the height of the footer or
the header? thanks.

dc