Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Krystal Krystal is offline

Default Headers and Footers in legal pleadings

here is my question . I followed all the rules about page numbering but
do not want page numbers in the first section I only want to start page
numberin in the second and third section of my document. when I go to
erase the page numbers useing the header erase function all of my page
numbers disappear. how do I eliminate page numbering in the first

section
and keep it in other parts of the document.

"DeeDeeCee" wrote:

Yes, I know it sounds strange, but I think I got this template off the MS
website. Here is what it is:

At the bottom of the page, where you expect to see the footer, there it is:
a dotted line going across the page, labeled footer

And below that, at the very bottom edge of the page, is the header: a dotted
line going across and labeled header. This line is usually at the top of the
page but in this template it is actually below the footer at the bottom. I
can send you the template if you'd like to look at it.

ddc

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

It doesn't make sense to say that the header is at the bottom of the page.
The header is by definition at the top of the page. Are you saying that
elements usually placed in the header are sometimes placed in the footer?
You can put text in either the header or footer or both irrespective of what
graphic elements (text box, frame, drawing lines) are anchored to the
header.

"DeeDeeCee" wrote in message
I'm comparing some legal pleadings (with numbers running vertically on

left
margin for each line, as well as a vertical line). I'm noticing that
sometimes the header and the footer are both at the bottom of the page,

and
sometimes they aren't. Two questions:

How do I make it so that the header is up top--I'm assuming it has

something
to do with the vertical elements being put in the header rather than the
footer or vice-versa?

Apart from the above problem, how do I adjust the height of the footer or
the header? thanks.

dc