Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PBM PBM is offline

Default Can I create multiple groups of option buttons in 1 Word docum

Thanks. After digging around for a I while at different options that I
thought I might have, I figured it out. Thanks for your suggestions.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Right-click on the option button, choose Properties, and type a Group Name
that is different for each group.

"PBM" wrote in message
Thanks, but I understand that using check boxes allows me to select more

than
one option. What I am trying to do is create a group with one question

and
its answers and a separate group with the next question and its answers,

so
that when the user selects the answer for question #2 it does not clear

the
answer for question #1.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Radio buttons (option buttons) are by definition mutually exclusive. If

you
want users to be able to select more than one option, you need to use a
check box. And if you are distributing these documents to others, you

want
to use a check box form field from the Forms toolbar rather than any

ActiveX
controls from the Control Toolbox, as the latter will trigger a macro
warning.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"PBM" wrote in message
I am trying to create a Word document and want to use option buttons

for
the
user to select answers to questions, but when the user selects an

option
for
the answer to question 2 Word clears the option selected for question

1.
Can
I group option buttons?