Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Robban Robban is offline

Default Word 2007

I use Word 2007.
I received a document in different, separated files.
The document has a page numbering, 0:1, 1:1 1:2 1.3, 2:1, 3:1, 3:2, etc,
some chapters have only one page, others have up to 60 pages.
The first number is chapter, the second number the page in the chapter.
As I received the document in different files, I want to put it together in
a single document. When I do so, by copy and paste, the numbering is not the
same as it should be.
To fix this I have spent hours, but the numbering is still not automatic.
Thus I have to make a break on every single page to get the page numbers
correct. And I know, of course, that when I will have to edit this document I
will have to start all over again...
I work on a swedish version of Office Word 2007 with Windows 7 and the
document I received is Word 97-2003.