Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mr B Mr B is offline

Default Default save location for opened documents

Hi there,

At work we have Word set automatically to save to a network drive for all
users. This works perfectly fine. The problem we have is that when someone
opens an attachment from email (Lotus Notes *gag*), Notes really downloads
the file to a temp folder on C and then opens it from there. THen when
someone goes to do a Save As.., it defaults to that folder on C. Problem iw
we have the C drive hidden so then the user gets an error.

Is there a way to change this so that even documents that are opened from an
existing location will default to save to the network drive?