Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Shauna Kelly Shauna Kelly is offline

Default Removing graphic icon in word document

Hi Hari

There's no easy way to select all graphics in a Word document at once, as
one can in Excel.

The little yellow things are an indication that there was script in the
website at the point where the yellow scroll thing now appears. The script
may have been creating part of the content on the page, or manipulating
menus or doing other fancy stuff.

If you only want the text from the web site, then use Edit Paste Special
and choose to paste as unformatted text. That will paste only the text of
the web page, and you won't see the yellow icon things.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"Hari" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi,

Im pasting some text (containing links etc) from a web-page to a word
document.

It also pastes some graphic (yellow background with paper scroll like
sign) on to my word document. This graphic is not visible in the web-
page itself. When I right click on this grahic it offers Cut, copy,
Paste and View Script

I want to select all graphic at one go and delete from my doc.

a) How to do it in word?
b) Why are they coming in the first place
c) When I encounter such issue while pasting in excel, I use F5 --
Special -- Objects and it selects all graphic at one go for
subsequent deletion. Is there no shortcut in word to select same type
object etc?

Please guide me (Word pro 2003)

hp