Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
macropod macropod is offline

Default Defining tables in calculations

Hi Lenny,

To do that you bookmark the whole table, then incorporate the bookmark name into your formula.

For an example how to do this and a wide range of other calculations in Word, check out my Word Field Maths 'tutorial', at:
http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/show...?Number=365442
or
http://www.gmayor.com/downloads.htm#Third_party
In particular, look at the item titled 'Reference Table Cells From Outside The Table'

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"Lenny" wrote in message ...
I am building a protected Word template invoice form (word 2003) and don't
want to insert an Excel spreadsheet for a number of reasons. How do I
reference a cell from a different table in the same document in the
calculation itself? (A4+Table2,B8)??????

Page 1 consists of table 1 and page 2, which is a continuation sheet,
contains table 2. Both tables use row calculations as: D1*E1=total to the
bottom of the page.

At the bottom of page 2, I want to add the cell results for a total for that
page. At the bottom of page 1, I wish to total all cell results in the last
column, carry or pull over the total from page 2, then add both total 1 and
total 2 for a 'grand total'.

I have been successful at compiling calculations in word tables (prior
versions) that add subtotals for a grand total for a number of years and have
never run into any problems. Totals calculate properly... Recently, I have
read in some of the threads from the mvp's that this is a problem with word
tables and you cannot add 'subtotals' that are results of a direct
calculation? Is there a better or different way of getting the correct
totals? (hidden column, direct references, etc?)

My thanks - Lenny