Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default Cutting & pasting tables loses its formatting

I'm not seeing that behavior here. When I cut/paste a table from one part of
the document to another, the formatting/shading/borders/etc. are all
replicated exactly as they were in the original location.

Is this happening in all documents, or just one? If just one, then it sounds
like document corruption of some kind. If all... then exactly how are you
pasting? Are you just pressing Ctrl+V in a new part of the document? Pasting
over an existing table? Something else?

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible
"AFJAG" wrote in message
I have a document containing tables created in Word 2003. The first row
has
a dark gray background the successive rows have alternating light gray and
white backgrounds. In Word 2003 I could cut and paste the table and it
would
retain its formatting.

I recently switched to Word 2007. Opening this document the tables appear
proper, but if I were to cut a table to paste it to a different section of
the document, the background colors disappear, the formatting is gone.

If I were to copy and paste the document it works, but this is a hassle
and
it seems as through there should be an easier way. Any suggestions would
be
most appreciated.