Peter Jamieson

I don't think there's any really simple way to do this - it really requires
a suitable switch, and there is none, nor is there any other simple way to
say"if fields are hidden" display this, otherwise, display that".

Peter Jamieson

"spedicini" wrote in message
After I insert a database query using Insert Database in Microsoft Word, I
get this code:

{ DATABASE \d etc, etc }

Is there any way to make a inserted DATABASE merge field have some kind of
placeholder text when fields are hidden? I know you can show the entire
query
using Alt-F9, but I was hoping that there was maybe some kind of parameter
that would show some text when fields were hidden, like how MERGEFIELDS
are
shown with the symbols.

Otherwise, if you insert a database and Fields are Hidden by default, then
it doesn't look like you have inserted anything.

Thank you for any suggestions on this problem,
Shaun