Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
anmldr anmldr is offline

Default Searching

I need to search through a folder of Word documents for any that have
the Less than or equal, Plus or minus, Greater than or Equal symbols
that cannot be shown as symbols in this forum. The symbols are "",
"", & "+" that are underlined. I would like to change them to /= or

In HTML (rather than Word) it would be easy to search for u+/u,
etc. but I don't know how to specify a search to include Word
documents that do not have HTML tags.

The search program that I am using is Advanced Find and Replace so it
will be easy to search the documents if I know what to look for.

Thank you,
Linda