david

Default word 97 table now text

For three years, I have used several word 97 tables with mail merge to print
Christmas card envelopes. This year when I opened the tables to edit them,
they were text in a column, not a table. I tried using them with mail merge
and they work fine; however, the text column is hard to edit.

In windows explorer, I created a new folder and moved the files to that
folder. If I double click on one of the files in explorer, the file opens in
word 97 and is a table. When I open word 97 and then open the file, it is
the text column. I can not seem to find what is causing the files to be
different.

I am using winxp home sp2.

David