Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Default Ruler in Word 2003

Hi ?B?RGF3bg==?=,

I keep losing my ruler in Word 2003. I'll put it up, using View, Ruler. And
it will stay for a while, then it will suddenly not be there. I am in Normal
view.

I would suspect some Add-in or other that's changing this setting. You might
try starting Word in Safe Mode (hold down CTRL when you start it) and see if
the Ruler stays around until you finish the session. If it does, then an Add-in
is the likely culprit.

In that case, the first thing to check is the list in Tools/Templates and
Add-ins.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org