Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Peter Reaper Peter Reaper is offline

Default Add Text to Page Numbers (and to TOC)

My primary (and still unsolved) problem is the second part
(auto-generate TOC, which includes the text before the page number). I
actually already knew how to put "dumb" text in front of the page number
in the footer - but not how to do it so it becomes part of the TOC,
which is my actual question. Sorry for not being more clear.

I hope some other MVP will have a solution. We do a lot of work for the
DOD and they often want page numbers and TOCs that include some text
(e.g., "15/1 1", where only the last number is the page number).

PS. Herb: your signature delimiter ("-- ") is causing my original post
from being included in my current reply (because Thunderbird removes
everything below a proper signature delimiter). Please either "break"
your signature delimiter or set your UA to put your signature *below*
the quoted post.

Herb Tyson [MVP] said on 7.2.2008 19:23:
For the first part, simply edit the header or footer where the page
number is and insert the text you want before the page number. It will
be repeated on pages where that footer/header appears. For the 2nd part,
I can't think of a way to do it without manually creating/editing the
TOC. Perhaps someone else will have some idea.

Peter wrote:
I would like to put some text in front of my page numbers in the footer of each page.

- e.g.: FooBar / Page 1
FooBar / Page 2
etc.

The prepended text in this example is "FooBar / Page ".

I also want this text to appear (together with the page number) in the table of contents (TOC).

- e.g.: Chapter Title ............. FooBar / Page 1

Can someone please tell me how to do this in Microsoft Word 2003?

Thank you!

--
Regards,

Peter Reaper