Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Peter Reaper Peter Reaper is offline

Default Add Text to Page Numbers (and to TOC)

Henk57 said on 8.2.2008 23:16:
Peter Reaper;2618550 Wrote:
My primary (and still unsolved) problem is the second part
(auto-generate TOC, which includes the text before the page number). I

Peter, you could add a chapter number in front of the page number. If
this "15/1" in yr last post is reflecting the chapter numbering, it
might be doable, depending on the exact format of the paragraph
numbering (it also requires to define the paragraph numbering in the
right way - see www.shaunakelly.com). Pls post again with more detailed
requirements if you need more help.
HTH - Henk

The "15" is the section number, which is the only section this document
contains. The other "sections" are located in other files. I am only
responsible for this section, so I can't create a "master document" that
combines all sections' documents. The "/1" is the version/revision
number of the document.

I need to be able to prepend the TOC page number with just text ("15/1
"), unless I can create a "chapter" that looks like "15/1 " and that is
not "visible" in the document.

I'll try your suggestion, but I'm not sure what you mean. My level of
density usually requires step-by-step instructions. :-[

Thanks!
--
Regards,

Peter Reaper