Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Xanbaby Xanbaby is offline

Default Variable Page width

Hi,

I'm using Word 2003, and have the following setup: Page1 of a template has
standard page with settigns, and a blank header and footer. Dependant on
variables, 2 further documents can be called in (effectively using an INSERT
command) embedded in IF commands as part of a population process. The
second document has the same page width, header & footer requirements, and
works fine, the third document has a unique header & footer, and an expanded
page width.

Using page breaks, I can successfully get the 3rd page width to transfer
into the final document, however the wider page width does not apply itself
to the header & footer, which means the header & footer are not aligning
with the remainder of this page.

It is impractical to set the 1st document with a wider heading and muck
around with tabs & hanging indents, as this will render all documents as
difficult to work with for users, also, it is highly likely I will need to
insert a document after this, so I will need a way to maintain all formating
(including headers & footers) in the inserted documents at their unique
settigns.

Any assistance on this would be greatly appreciated, please contact me if
you require any further clarification.