Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
tammy tammy is offline

Default Email merge - attach file

Hey! What did you do to my computer??!! How did you get that to magically
appear??

Thanks, again, Peter! My macro is working now, but only sending to the first
person in the table. I'll keep working at that.

You rock! Thanks!

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

I **assumed** that is where the
macro had to be created.

That is the correct assumption in this case.

But I wonder if you have looked down the whole list in the Word VBE's
Tools-References option? There can be hundreds of objects in the list -
e.g. on my system, that particular entry is about the 450th in the list.

It would be checked by defaul tin Outlook itself, but it would not be
checked (and therefore near the top of the list ) by default in Word.

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"Tammy" wrote in message
Hi Peter,

Thanks so much for taking the time to answer my post.

I checked two places for the reference - in Outlook, "Microsoft Outlook
12.0
Object Library" is checked. In Word, where the macro is run from, there is
no
option for "Microsoft Outlook 12.0 Object Library." There is a check next
"Microsoft Office 12.0 Object Library" - this is also checked in OL. Since
an
email merge from OL takes you to Word anyway, I **assumed** that is where
the
macro had to be created.

Any other suggestions ? I copied and pasted the VB code directly into the
VB
window, but the article didn't indicate if something had to be modifed.
Thanks, again!

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

I'm not Doug, but you probably need to use the VB Editor's
Tools-References
option to locate "Microsoft Outlook nn.0 Library" and check it (where nn
depends on the version of Outlook you are using).

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"Tammy" wrote in message
Hi Doug,

I am trying to work through sending an email merge which includes an
attachment - thanks to the very helpful articles you've provided.
However,
when I get to the part where I run the macro, I end up with a dialog
box
that
says "Compile error: User-defined type not defined."

It then takes me to the VB window and highlights "Sub
emailmergewithattachments()" - if I click the continue button, it
highlights
the Dim
"oOutlookApp As Outlook.Application"
line.

I apologize that I am unfamiliar with VB - can you tell me what the
message
means, and how to fix it? If I can get this email merge with an
attachment
work, there will be many happy people at my office.

Really appreciate any suggestions! Thank you!

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Sorry, yes it is. I guess I was half awake when I read "I don't work
with
VB" as "It doesn't work with VB"

However, all of the VB work has been done for you. To make use of it,
see
the article "What do I do with macros sent to me by other newsgroup
readers
to help me out?" at:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Macros...eateAMacro.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Mary Ann" wrote in message
Is not the macro written in visual basic?

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

I am not sure what you mean by VB.

However, I can assure you that if you follow the instructions
precisely
the letter), it will work.

--
Hope this helps.

Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of
my
services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Mary Ann" wrote in message
Thanks Doug - I don't work with VB so I guess for me the answer
is
that
would have to insert them to each individual email.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

See the article "Mail Merge to E-mail with Attachments" at

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...ttachments.htm

--
Hope this helps.

Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself
of
my
services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Mary Ann" wrote in message
Is it possible to attach a file when doing an email merge?