Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Yves Dhondt Yves Dhondt is offline

Default How can I make a custom bibliography style?

No. Citation numbering and alphabetic sorting do not go together in Word.
In-text citations, even those part of a group, are passed one at a time to
the stylesheet. The part of the stylesheet, formatting the in-text citation,
is not able to either retrieve the order of the source in the bibliography
from somewhere or calculate it somehow.

Hence it is not possible to simply transform the existing APA style
according to your request. If you are willing to drop the alphabetic sorting
requirement, you can use
http://bibliography.codeplex.com/Rel...eleaseId=19756 .

I did write a template and an external tool which allows to use both
citation numbering and alphabetic sorting (as well as some other things).
However, in your case, you would have to rewrite APA according to that
template to make it work. If you are interested in doing so, you might want
to check out http://bibliography.codeplex.com/Wik...?title=BibWord
(the template) and
http://bibliography.codeplex.com/Wik...ord%20Extender
(the tool).

Yves

"Simplex" wrote in message
Dear Yves
you did the best with chicago and iso, can you do the same for APA so that
can have the refrences alphabetically ordered and numbered in brakets []

Thank U

Simplex

"p0" wrote:

On 2 jul, 17:13, James wrote:
p0,

I wonder if you can help me? I would like to change the brackets from
(1)
to [1] in the ISO numerical reference style, with the text aligned with
'abc'
under 'xyz' in your example.

I'd be really grateful if you could tell me how to do this.

Many many thanks in advance.

James,

Check out
http://www.codeplex.com/bibliography...eleaseId=15028