Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Pat Garard[_2_] Pat Garard[_2_] is offline

Default Headers/Footers reationship to Watermarks

Hi Pam,

The watermark is usually a 'washed out' image. Like all images in Word it is
'inserted' and has an 'anchor'.

So that it may appear on every page, it is inserted into the Header and is
anchored there...

If, therefore, you remove the Header you remove the watermark.
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

"Pam Kristoff" wrote in message
I teach a class on Word 2007 and I ran across a question I could not
answer and was wondering if you could help me out..

We inserted Headers and Footers on a three page document. Then Inserted a
Watermark. But when we go back and tell Word that we want a different
Header and Footer (actually no header or footer on the first page), the
watermark disappears on the first page too. Are Headers, Footers and
Watermarks somehow related to one another?? I thought they would be
independent of each other???

Thanks for your help!!!