Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Automatic number increments

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/NumberDocs.htm

http://word.mvps.org

"prem" wrote in message
Hey guys, right now, I am using MS Word 2007 to issue receipts. However,
have a little issue with this. Whenever I need to issue a new receipt, I
have
to manually increase the receipt number by 1.

For example, the first receipt I issue might have the receipt number
"201001". When I need to issue the next receipt, I need to open the file
and
manually increase the receipt number to "210102". Sometimes I forget to do
this and this leads to a number of problems.

My question is, is it possible to make the receipt number update itself
automatically every time I open it, such that it automatically increases
by 1?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Prem